Partnering to find solutions
Being proactive and innovative in our environmental efforts is embedded in the way we conduct our business. We continuously monitor new demands, prepare and invest to meet future environmental demands from clients and regulators always focusing on competitive ship management and pushing the boundaries of best practice.
However, due to the size and complexity of the environmental challenges and demands facing our industry, we are not able to find appropriate solutions to them alone. We realise that in order to identify the most effective solutions to environmental challenges, we have to identify the right partners to cooperate with. We see network participation and partnerships as a way of engaging and building leverage related to issues and challenges relevant to us and our industry.
We participate in the following networks and committees:
- We are a member of BIMCO, the global shipping association and take part in their Documentary Committee on contracts and clauses.
- The Danish Shipowners' Association, board member (including different committees such as the Technical Committee, CSR Committee).
- International Chamber of Shipping, sub-committee member.
- IMPA ACT, founding member and advisory board member.
- UN Global Compact, member of the Nordic Network.
- SIGTTO, member of the reference group with a focus on LPG cargo loading/offloading technology standardisation.
We are engaged in the following partnerships with aim of improving our environmental performance:
- Partnership with Grundfos, the world leader in pump and water technology on a system for fuel optimisation and regulation of seawater cooling.
- Green ship of the Future, partnership in which members of the Danish maritime community share knowledge on solutions for cleaner, more energy-efficient and sustainable maritime operations.
- Partnership with WNI International, a weather routing service to increase fuel-efficient operations in all kinds of weather.
- InnoPlus, an innovation project that seeks to develop new green and competitive solutions for the shipping industry.